Property Care Association Property Care Association

Dissatisfied with a PCA Member?

Firstly, we are sorry to hear you may have a complaint about one of our Property Care Association members.  Prior to making the complaint however, please note that we are unable to assist with complaints of a financial or legal nature.  Our role as a Trade Association is to mediate between the customer and PCA member to resolve any technical issues that may have arisen.

Before registering a complaint

Before registering a complaint, please make sure you have the following infomation (please note, the contractor is under no legal obligation to keep any paperwork. The onus is on the property owner to keep all of the following):

  • all correspondence between yourself and the contractor
  • the original report and quotation for works
  • the original guarantee
  • the original invoice
  • your terms and conditions

If you do not have the above paperwork, any future claim may not be accepted. If this paperwork is requested from the contractor, you may be liable for administration charges.

Please note that if you bring a formal complaint to the Association we will require the above paperwork to allow us to fully investigate any complaint. We will not be able to return any documentation, so please do not send in any original documentation.

Ask yourself the following questions:

  • Do you have a valid complaint? – The PCA generally only gets involved in disputes pertaining to technical issues or quality of work; we do not get involved in financial or legal disputes.
  • Do you have all documentation? – See above.
  • Have you thoroughly read the terms and conditions of your guarantee? – Many contractors will charge a re-inspection fee to return to your property. This will be outlined in your Terms & Conditions.
  • Have you discussed your concerns with the member? – Before contacting us you should always give the contractor an opportunity to put the situation right.
  • Have you put your concerns in writing to the member? – In the first instance you should write to the contractor outlining your concerns and give them 7 – 10 days to respond. We advise sending your letter recorded delivery; this way you can track whether it has been received or not.

Check if a Company is PCA registered

Unsure if the company you are complaining about is a PCA member? Click below to run a check.

Find out more >>

Suspect someone is using the PCA logo fraudulently?

Suspect a non-member company is using the PCA logo? See below for contact details. 

Making a Formal Complaint about a Member

If you want to make a formal complaint against a member of the PCA, please let us know. The PCA offers a mediation service between consumers and members, always striving to reach an amicable resolution for both parties.

You can contact us by phone, email or write to us using the contact details below or by visiting our contact us page. On receipt of a complaint, we will contact the member(s) as part of our review. Please note again, that we are unable to assist with complaints of a financial or legal nature. For email and written correspondence we will endeavour to acknowledge your complaint within 48 hours.

  • Email:
  • Phone: 01480 400 000
  • Address: 11 Ramsay Court, Kingfisher Way, Hinchingbrooke Business Park, Huntingdon, Cambs PE29 6FY

Contact Us Page >>

Homeowners Advice & Guidance

For help, advice, guidance and information on a variety of property related issues, visit our more homeowners section.

Find out more >>

More about the PCA

Learn more about the PCA, what we do, our values and why our members and contractors see the PCA logo as a 'badge of honour'.

Find out more >>